Events & Meetings
- This event has passed.
Living with a Long-Term Condition
October 20 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
This is a 10-week online group (via Zoom) aimed at those with a long term health condition, which we run together with Westminster Talking Therapies.
Drawing on ACT, CBT and CFT concepts, this group aims to support people to improve their self-management and improve their quality of life with their condition.
- Identifying what’s important when our health limits us
- Looking at our pattern of activity as a way of managing health symptoms
- Identifying and addressing unhelpful thinking patterns/ways of relating to our health that make it hard to improve our wellbeing
- Knowing when to problem solve and when to let go of the struggle with our health
- Finding ways to communicate with loved ones and professionals about our health; in order to foster helpful relationships and aid our ability to self-manage
- Managing high levels of emotional distress with our health – learning when to follow what our emotions are telling us about our health and when to move through them
- Managing worries and regrets
This course is available for people aged 16 and over who are registered with a GP in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, or the Queen’s Park and Paddington areas of Westminster.
To be considered for the group you must be registered with the Community Living Well Talking Therapies service. To refer yourself for an assessment with Community Living Well, where all therapeutic options offered can be explored, please complete this quick online form.
Find out more about the Talking Therapies service