Who do Community Living Well Navigators help?
Community Living Well Navigators are for people over 16 who experience mental health problems whilst under the care of their GP, and their carers.
Navigators can offer practical support with a range of issues and support you to access specialist advice, information and other services.
What support do Community Living Well Navigators offer?
Community Living Well Navigators offer short term support, usually up to six sessions. They can work with you, your GP and other professionals in a number of ways including:
- Practical support with a range of issues e.g. benefits, debt, housing options, access to health and social care services and other rights and entitlements
- Support to access specialist advice and information
- Support to take steps to improve physical and mental wellbeing
- Link you to Psychological Therapies, Employment and Peer Support where this is helpful.
Navigators can help you to:
- Identify the areas you would like support with
- Set out what you would like to achieve
- Explore your options
- Create a Wellbeing Plan, led by you, detailing how your needs can be met, who will support you and how
- Offer practical support to help you access the right services and support based on your needs, preferences and the options available to you
- Coordinate care and support to help you to achieve your goals.
Navigators can support you to speak up for yourself and make your own decisions.
How to access Community Living Well Navigators
You can refer yourself by contacting Community Living Well or completing the form on this website. Alternatively you can ask your GP or other professional involved in your care to refer you to Community Living Well Navigators. For our list of eligible GP practices please click here.
How to contact Navigators
Tel: 020 3317 4200
You could also write to Community Living Well at:
How we can help
Help to access talking therapies or counselling sessions
Mother Tongue Counselling
Help to access counselling sessions in Arabic and Farsi languages
Primary Care Liaison Team
Help to access support from specialist mental health nurses
Help to find and access the right support and services
Help from others who use their experience to help one another
Help to look for or stay in work
Resources to help you on your recovery journey
An approach to health and wellbeing which helps you to keep yourself well